Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 September 2014

2 days late Sunday catch up



So, no Sunday catch up from me this week. And that was really the only post that I was doing well at! Well the reason I didn't do a Sunday post will be explained below.

1. Last Monday I went to London and attended a supply teacher meet up. I was nervous as I am an incredibly shy person. I did enjoy it though. It was nice to talk to other people who are in a similar position to me. I did feel very shy though, and didn't chat as much as some others, but I'm proud of myself for trying something new.


Train selfie! On the way to London.


2. I worked 3 days last week. Tuesday was a lovely day in year 2. It was last minute, and I swear the TA worked harder than me! I had work booked for the rest of the week in the same school. I went there on Wednesday and it was a disaster. I was sat by the office for ages as no one knew which class I was supposed to be in. I got taken to a Reception class, got set up, then just as the kids were coming in I got moved to year 5. 5 minutes later, I got taken back to a different Reception class. Disorganised is the word! Teaching Reception was lovely, but I was only there for 45 minutes, then got put back in year 5. They were an extremely challenging class and I hated it. The final straw was at lunch when another teacher came in and had a go at me because she didn't get given the same worksheet as me! I just about coped in the afternoon, but called my agency in tears asking not to go back there. I was really upset as I've been to 2 schools now in 2 weeks that I hated. And I keep thinking - "It's me. I'm a bad teacher" However both of the schools have been in the same area which has a reputation for being difficult, so I'm trying to put it down to that. On Friday I taught in a year 6 class in a much nicer school, and had a positive day. 2 firsts for me - The first time I had taught year 6 all day, and the first time I had taught top set year 6 maths!

3. I went out with a friend on Friday night. We go out together lots, which keeps me sane! We went to Spoons like we normally do, but only ended up having 2 drinks each! Very unlike us. We ended up in KFC at 11pm and ended up going home early! We then went to Bluewater on Saturday for a bit of shopping. I love having someone to hang out with around here. Moving to a new area and working full time has made it hard to find friends, but I feel like I have a much better social life than I did a year ago.

4. We also went to the cinema on Wednesday to see Lucy. It wasn't very good! I did however help her level some writing samples during the trailers!

5. On Sunday the weather was lovely and me and Paul (my boyfriend) planned on having a picnic. We went to the gym first and god knows how I did it, but I stupidly knocked my glasses on the boot of the car, which scratched them. We were only in the gym for 20 minutes as I was worried about them. All of our plans went out the window and we went to Bluewater to see if they could get rid of the scratch. No luck. So I now have a scratch on my left lens which I just have to put up with until I get new glasses (which wont be for at least a year). Silly G!

I will try to post my Sunday catch up on time next week! It's now Tuesday and I haven't worked this week yet so I'm going to try my hardest to post another blog post on something random!

Greta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment