Search This Blog

Sunday 14 September 2014

Weekly write up no.2


Hello!



Time for another Sunday catch up. I'm not sure where this week has gone - it has gone so quickly despite the fact that I haven't really done much. There have been some ups and downs this week, and I don't particularly feel like I'm in a great place at the moment. Things can only get better right?



1. I feel like I am unemployed at the moment. Yes I am a supply teacher and work is going to be patchy for the next few weeks, but I have gone from working 50 hour weeks to not working at all. And it feels weird. I have managed to do lots of things that I never would have had time for, including starting this blog. I've even done some ironing! I am really hoping that work picks up this week as I am going to have absolutely no money next month. My boyfriend hates his job at the minute and will most likely be leaving soon, so the prospect of having no income whatsoever is a little scary.



2. My first afternoon of supply! It was about what I expected. I was very very nervous! The school was only 5 minutes away, and I arrived extremely early. I had to teach RE, which I haven't taught since training! It was RE all afternoon, and being a CE school the children probably knew more about the topic than I did! I tried to be more strict than usual, but an hour into it I felt like they were testing me. The lesson itself was ok, but I got extremely fed up with being asked to go to the toilet or get a drink. When I had my own class I had strict rules about this, but being in someone else's class, I wasn't sure of the routines and didn't want anyone to wet themselves! The kids were also quite noisy but then I guess that's to be expected. I guess I'm focusing on the negatives a lot, which is what I always do! I did enjoy being back in the classroom but it has also made me miss having my own class. I guess I just need to enjoy being free while I can. I'm sure when I'm back with my own class again I will be moaning about having no free time! The nice thing about my afternoon of supply was it took 15 minutes to mark and then I could just leave. I haven't been able to do that in a while! I have a full day booked this week and I'm really hoping I get more than that, so I will see how this week goes.



3. Shopping this week - I ended up at Primark again. Twice. I went on Monday and bought some lovely thin winter jumpers for work (I get hot very easily) and a lovely black pinafore and burgundy hat. Then on Saturday my boyfriend wanted to look for a suit so we ended up there again and I got a pale blue coat, grey bag and some black mules. I needed some backless shoes as I had scuffed up the back of my feet the previous day wearing some uncomfortable River Island shoes. I am totally in love and addicted to Primark. If I go a week without shopping there, I am guaranteed to find something new I love.



4. Last night I went out in London with lots of the people from the school I used to teach in. Overall the night was brilliant. I drank lots of cocktails and felt like I made a new friend who I have a lot in common with. We danced, chatted, ate lovely platter food and had some random conversations outside the club. However, the last hour of the night was not a good time for me. Yes I was drunk, but I sobered up rather quickly. My new Primark shoes turned out to also cut my feet. So with at least 6 cuts on my feet I decided to take them off, which meant walking the streets of London bare foot. I don't really want to go into much detail but I heard something that upset me and the remaining part of the night just wasn't a very nice time for me.
 

This has been a rather long post (again) and at the minute I think I am the only one reading what I'm putting out there, which is probably why I am being quite personal. I am writing these weekly write ups mainly so I can read them in the future. I love reading my old diaries so this is my online version. If anyone is out there reading this, then well done!


Greta xx



 
Just some of the cocktails that were consumed last night!





Last night with 2 wonderful ladies!

No comments:

Post a Comment