Search This Blog

Tuesday 30 September 2014

Stop! Oh wait, wait a minute Mr Postman!

All delivered in one day! Films, magazine, chocolate tasting club letter, stickers and my supply bag!


Hi!


Does anyone else remember that song?! (My blog post title!) I always remember it being sung on SM:TV live in the good old days of Ant, Dec and Cat Deeley. Anyway, I digress.



To get back into the swing of posting, my post today is about post! I have always loved getting post. Silly maybe, but it's the small things right? Back when I was a young teen, I used to get my early post from Swapit shop. Does anyone else remember that website?! It was like an eBay for children where you used points to buy things. Whoa, I seem to be going on a memory lane trip today.



So when I was younger I would wait eagerly for the post. It didn't arrive until gone 12, and it was put in a box on the gate which wasn't right next to our house. I remember rushing out there to check the box for anything. It does sound a little bit sad thinking about it now! But when you live in the middle of nowhere, as a 14 year old girl, the post was a highlight of another British summer day spent sat inside watching TV.



These days I still love getting post. Sure, not all of my post these days is positive. But I do get some nice things in the post. Lovefilms for example. DVDs delivered by post every few days/weeks. What's not to love! I used to have a magazine and beauty box subscription which I loved getting in the post. I have a 12 weekly chocolate box subscription - yum!



The best thing to get in the post are online orders. I buy quite a lot on eBay, so love receiving these. I am a 26 year old girl, so obviously clothes/beauty bits arrive every so often. These can sometimes help to lift my spirits if I have a bad day.



I travel down to Cornwall 3 times a year to see my family, and I'm always a bit sad to come back home again. However one thing I look forward to is knowing I will have a large collection of post waiting for me when I get back. The best time is after xmas if I have ordered things in the sale. Even if I'm not expecting anything, I will always return home to catalogues, letters and films.



So here's my appreciation to the postman who delivers me my goodies each day. Thank you Mr Postman!



Do you like getting post?


Greta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment