Search This Blog

Tuesday 2 September 2014

Welcome to Greta Carleen!

Hello everyone! Well this is my first ever blog post, so let me introduce myself.

I am Greta and i'm 26 years old. I have been reading blogs for the past 2 years now, but never had the confidence (or time!) to start writing my own. For my 26 birthday I received a bridge camera, mainly for my holiday to Mexico, but it has now given me that push to start my own blog. I'm not entirely sure what this blog will consist of yet, however I plan on posting about fashion, beauty, lifestyle, food, and if I can bring myself to it, maybe about work. 

I am a primary school teacher which is time consuming, stressful and tough, but I love teaching. I'm in my 5th year of teaching now and the year ahead is going to be the most challenging yet - yes I am due to start supply teaching any day now! I am going to miss having my own class but I'm sure it will help me find a new, wonderful school. Anyway, enough about work! 

I am a self proclaimed shopaholic. I spend hundreds each month buying clothes, shoes, bags and beauty. Shopping is one of my favourite hobbies, and I have justified it recently by loosing weight so I have had to replace lots of my wardrobe. I would consider going to the gym a hobby, but it's more of a chore these days! My favourite shops are Primark, River Island, Topshop, New Look and Miss Selfridge. I usually shop in Bromley or Bluewater and it would be a challenge for me to leave empty handed! 

I prefer fashion over beauty, but I do have a rather large stash of beauty products too! I love Urban Decay, Lancome, Clinique, Max Factor and Essie. 

Lastly, I like to explore the area I live in, so there may be some lifestlye posts on here too. I am originally from Cornwall (which I love) but have lived away from there for the last 7 years. I spent 3 year at uni in Canterbury and for the last 4 years I have lived in Bromley/Bexley which is on the border of London/Kent. The best thing about living here is the availability of shops, restaurants and places to go! Although I do miss the beach in the summer! So I may end up posting reviews about places to eat or go. 

So, it felt slightly weird typing about myself but I wanted to introduce myself. In real life I am an incredibly shy person (unusual for a teacher I know) but I have become a lot more confident in the last few years and want to start blogging for a new hobby that will help put me out there even more. I am not expecting for many people to read my blog but I am going to write it for myself to document things I like, enjoy and for memories!

No comments:

Post a Comment