Search This Blog

Sunday 2 November 2014

Company Bloggers Style the High Street event


On Thursday, me and my friend Becky went to Company magazine's event - Bloggers style the high street. I love Company magazine's re-design and I'm so disappointed that it's no longer being published. I also love reading fashion blogs, so this event sounded perfect for me! I don't actually read any of the blogs written by the chosen bloggers, but I do shop in some of the high street shops that were being featured, particularly ASOS, River Island and Primark.

We arrived at the Tobacco Docks in London just after 6:30 and queued for a little while to get in. The venue itself was amazing! A beautiful, old building lit by purple lights - it looked magical! As part of our ticket price (£25) we got a vodka drink, so me and Becky drank those while watching other people enter and eyeing up the vast array of fashion on show from the other guests.

After a while we went upstairs and collected a glass of wine (also included in the price) and went into the main fashion show room. We didn't know what table we were on, but neither did quite a lot of other people. We were sat near the back, but I could just about see! At our table we had a range of breads, cheese and meat which was a bonus! I was shocked to discover that on our table was Laura from ThePixie Cut! I only built up the courage to talk to her at the end of the event but she was lovely!

The show itself was good. Admittedly there were things I didn't like, but I was impressed with the majority of outfits on show. The highlight of the show for me was definitely the evening wear by Primark. It's just so affordable but still looks great. I also spotted an amazing green dress but I can not for the life of me remember which shop it was from! I was also very impressed with some of the capes on show from M&S. I really am loving my capes at the moment!

The show ended by 9:30 and it seemed that a lot of people left then. Me and Becky went into the 'club' area and personally I didn't enjoy the music, but we did enjoy the fact that they were giving out ice cream! I had a tub of lovely toffee ice cream with caramel sauce - yum! We were both quite tired so decided to leave soon after this. We collected our goodie bags, and wow - very impressed! I have received some goodie bags in the past that contained only 5/6 items, but this one had about 15! I won't use everything, but there are a few things I will definitely be trying out. Me and Becky looked through the bags on the train home, and I swapped a bottle of fake tan for an extra bag of apple crisps!

Overall, we both really enjoyed the night. It was a different night out for the both of us. 2 drinks were enough, although I could have drunk another glass of wine! I have included some pictures below, but I only had my iPhone on me, and I didn't really manage to get any good pictures of the show. The show was inspiring and I love the fact that all of the items are affordable and on sale now. It was nice to look at everyone else's clothes, as well as meet a blogger who I really like! I wouldn't hesitate to going to another event like this again. Thanks Company!

Greta xx












No comments:

Post a Comment