Search This Blog

Monday 11 May 2015

Glastonbury Festival memories

Hello!

So in 2008, 2009 and 2010 I was lucky enough to go to Glastonbury festival. These were my uni years and going to the festival provided me with some amazing memories that I will always treasure. I still wear my Glasto wristbands to this day! Now when I started my career as a teacher, I resigned myself to the fact that my Glastonbury days were over. However, in 2014 I left full time teaching to do supply, and although it wasn't for me, I managed to negotiate some conditions of going back into full time teaching again. One of those conditions was that I get 2 days off in June in 2015 - and it was agreed! I was lucky to get Glastonbury tickets as I know lots of people missed out. Although I'm not greatly impressed with the line up, the atmosphere in itself is worth the money. So to build up some more excitement I thought I would share some of my pictures from the 3 Glastos I've been to in the past...


2008
Me and my best friend from uni were planning on going, but at the last minute she couldn't come :( I did tag along with another group of uni friends who I camped with, however I spent most of the festival by myself. This year was all about the music for me - I saw so many bands including some of my favs at the time - Biffy Clyro and Kings of Leon. The weather wasn't great to start with but by Sunday it was very hot and I even missed seeing The Verve as I had sunstroke! This one was a bit of a blur really, and I didn't take many photos to revive my memory!



Seth Lakeman - front row!

2009
The previously mentioned friend was now able to come and we spent this Glasto together! A fun filled time with lots of alcohol and dancing involved. The pictures speak for themselves really! There was a bit of rain but there was also some sun. We watched quite a few acts but explored the festival more than I had done the previous year.




One can of many...








Jack Penate


Possibly Bloc Party?!



No idea who!!!

Going mad to Pendulum







Some randomer!

Status Quo!!!!!!!!



2010
The main thing I remember from this year is it being so damn hot! Me and Hayley spent most of our time looking for somewhere cool to sit down! I had to leave on the Sunday night due to so much dust getting in my eye and not being able to see properly! Still a great time though.




One of the most amazing sets I have ever seen - The Flaming Lips


Soooooo hot!!





So much dust!

















Just putting these photos on has made me a little more excited for Glastonbury 2015! This year I am going with my boyfriend so it might be quite a different experience. I'm hoping I'll enjoy it and it won't be too stressful going down on the Thursday evening (trying to set up a tent in the potential dark-eek!)

Is anyone else going to Glastonbury? Let me know!

Greta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment