Search This Blog

Thursday 28 May 2015

May half term fun in Cornwall

Hello!

So it's currently half term, and I normally spend every May half term writing reports. It's now Thursday evening and so far I haven't written a single one - eek! I swear I will start them tomorrow! The main reason is because as soon as school finished on Friday I drove down to Bath to see my brother. However, everyone else seemed to be travelling down South too, as it took me 5 hours to get there (normally less than 3). Still, when I got there, we went straight to our favourite restaurant in Bath, Turtle Bay, and had some yummy food and cocktails. We then went to a bar/club called The Nest where my brother's flatmates work, and we drank wine and danced until they closed, and we even stayed for a lock in afterwards! It was a great night, even if I did drink too much! 

The next day I carried on my journey down to Cornwall and again the roads were packed - it took 6 hours! As soon as I got to my mum's place, I got changed and we went to the Tunes in the Dunes festival in Perranporth. It's a brand new festival and we only had Saturday tickets, but it was lovely. The stage was actually on the beach which was a strange experience but great. We went because Status Quo were head lining and they were amazing. This was only my 2nd time seeing them but my mum has seen them countless times. It was nice to go to a gig where I wasn't the only one dancing and jumping around - my mum was too!

I have loads of work to do over half term and stupidly, I left my laptop charger at home. So I went to buy a new laptop (as my one desperately needs replacing!) and the next day had to return it as it was faulty. So I had to cut my trip short so I could come back to do some work. I did manage to fit in a walk in Padstow which is shown in the pictures below. I also stopped in Bath again on the way back to see my Brother. 

Half term is nearly over and I will probably spend the next 3 days working, but I had a lovely few days in the South west and now really miss it there!

Yummy fish and chips!

It's nice to mum so happy

The crowd behind us



Status Quo!







Have you ever seen a stage on a sand dune?!



Our walk in Padstow



Mum playing with her new phone!





Greta xx

No comments:

Post a Comment